When was the last time??

“When was the last time you did something for the first time?”......hahaha! nice one....No am serious, When was the last time you did something for the first time?...c’mon, what sort of a question is that?.......Plain English I would call it....Yeah! but why would anyone think of a silly question as that??........Now, “THAT” is the solution to all your problems!!! ....

Monday Morning

....Yeah another week!! Huh!

Gud Morning Boobesh, Hi Rohit... What on Data front? Client call? As usual at 10am? Great. Let’s see what they say to these results we’ve obtained for them.
.... Lunch? Yepp ..sure! as soon as I’m done with this code. What next?? Meet with the Manager..here we go.... !
Mom, shall I call you in the evening?!…Kind of busy now.... yeah heard Anitha is in town, will see if I could meet her…I know …but am busy rite now..talk to you later.
Here it goes again…Wonder why nothing happens straight....another two hrs to be spent if tomorrow’s deadline is to be met….can’t I ever see daylight at the end of the day??huh!! back to code..!
Gym?? Are u kidding? when do u think I have been to gym last? Sry yaar..just kind of disturbed..will have coffee together later, now busy…
Hahh...finally back to room....!!
Who dares call me this late at night? Oh god! It’s morning already....

--------- Another day begins!!!
Mann….I am stuck with this boring life, those good old college days. Anyways, what’s the use ?!?
I feel dead on weekends to even meet those “good old” friends....even too tired to get up....Hey..Don’t bother me with your silly questions..Let me sleep..!!
---------------------
Ok, tell me…what do you do when your head aches??....take a pill I guess…..what when your code goes wrong??......Think over the mistake and set it right…..Great!! Then why this logic doesn’t apply to u as a person??Why is it that when u know u have a boring life, u don’t do anything??.......
Don’t look at me like that..I can’t do anything .... FINE!!!!! I agree am not doing anything to help this routine but how can I when I don’t have time for anything else....I know I whine at every precious lost moment and hope to compensate for it in future…I know that I fool myself into thinking that I can ever reach that future.... but.... huh!
Coming back to my question…. When was the last time you did something for the first time? ……I?!! I dunno, I’ve been having same lunch, taking same bus route, doing same things on weekends (sleeping!) and…I won’t answer this stupid question….I don’t want to answer…..I can’t remember….I give up..I can’t remember!!!
There lies the answer……or solution to ur problem..!! Ask yourself this question and strive to get the answer….
…HOW???
How am I to know?? May be for a change get up early, feel the warmth of early morning sun…try out a new restaurant….Pick up a friend on the way to office …do something u never did before….learn guitar..bore ur frends with ur stupid talk (:)), Talk to ur MOM!!! Dance ..sing….anything……!!! Dare to do something differently today, tomorrow, each day….
Will this help??
(smiles) How am I to know?? I am just ur conscience......which u stopped bothering about long back….
…..C’mon! LIVE and not just Survive!! ….
By the way, when was the last time YOU did something for the first time??

Comments

BPK said…
this is the first time i am writing
a comment to some blog...So i think i am done fr the day rite..??

"One's life is never boring.. the way he lives it may be"
Boobesh said…
An interesting way of putting yr boredom...life is all about how u see it...if u see it interesting then it is...if u see it otherways then it is that way...btw nice blog... Keep writing...
shwaathi kannan said…
That was very beautiful Shobha. :))) A beautiful post that blossomed out the naivest possible question "When was the last time you did something for the first time".
yeah...I too feel the same...So, "When was the last time you did something for the first time???"U juz wrote it down in an Awesome way....
Tarun Goel said…
Nice post and nicely put forth
Cheers and keep writing
Swathi said…
dats a wonderful question!! very thought provoking!! I wud rather mail my answer to u rather than posting it here.. (secret, u know!! ;-) ) anyways, an amazing way of putting it.. hats off!!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yaar..thats great and yes its the real solution for all the problems...answering that question will surely make some difference in anyone and that works out perfectly...Interesting and a Good One..

Popular Posts